Monday, December 10, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I read in the paper that they were thinking of bringing in a simple taste test to diagnose depression, so impacted are our taste buds when we are sad or stressed. Amazing... Life is hard= food tastes bland.
Equally I think of the memorable meals I have had ones where the tastes have exploded in my mouth... almost all of them were on dates where I was head over heals in love.
Songs of Solomon is one of those contested books in the Bible- a pure description of two lovers, or a slightly cryptic message from God to the Church? Dissapointingly perhaps, I'm going to sit on the fence. I don't see why I have to choose! the depth of love is an excellent example for marriage and the passion displayed is clearly matched, if not blown out of the water, by the love God has for us. And what depictions; taste, sight, smell, sound, fruit, nuts, waterfalls... the imagery is amazing, getting across love that encompasses everything, where anything can be claimed in the name of love.
Know the passionate love God has for you, the kind of love that makes your taste explode, the kind of love that possesses God to send the one, loved son for us...
How beautiful your love, dear, dear friend— far more pleasing than a fine, rare wine, your fragrance more exotic than select spices. (Song of Solomon, Chapter 4:8)

No comments: